Friday, April 16, 2010

there is a tent in my living room and a crayon drawing on my wall

Syd Vicious

This is Sydney, our Australian Shepherd. We found that when we were not at the park throwing the frisbee or taking a ride in the car Dexter was pretty bored. So we got him a friend. So far they love each other. I think Dexter gets annoyed at times but enjoys the cuddles. Sydney loves playing and has a huge appetite. Much larger than Dexter's. He can sit and somewhat stay. He's already interested in frisbees and has super sharp teeth. I forgot all about puppy teeth after Brutus grew out of that phase so now it's back again. Fun.
You can't deny that he isn't ridiculously cute. 



Since getting Sydney..I realized how much I love Dexter. I swear Dexter is THE PERFECT dog. He listens so well and great to cuddle with. He's my baby. 


Easter Weekend
We spent the weekend eating chocolate bunnies and gum eggs. Hopping hopscotch and making monster eggs. Tanner got a couple of books, candy, army guys, and some chalk. All in all it was a pretty fun and relaxing weekend. 


I have been talking about learning to play piano since christmas. I wanted a Keyboard so I could possible start teaching myself or get a teacher. Well as an Easter present Taylor saved some secret money and surprised me with a Keyboard! In return he also bought himself a guitar. I've learned the beginning on Fur Elise and he has learn some of Big Girls Don't Cry. Haha

A while ago Taylor and I became adults. We now have a big person bed instead of using a mattress of the floor. Along with our new bed we had to have new bedding. I am very happy with the outcome. I love how airy it is in our room now. It just feels great. 

Shortly after we found out Taylor was deploying my friend Becky's husband got the word that he was deploying as well. After the guys let Becky and I meshed together nicely. She leaned on me and I her. We spent most days off doing something with the kids. Shortly after she sold her house she moved back home to stay with family. Well now she is back and I am a very happy girl!


Tanner Tanner Tanner
My son is a big kid now. I can hardly even call him my baby anymore because he's not. 
He goes to school, he wears undies, he takes swimming lessons. He is just big. A big kid. 
Sad. 
Last night was the first night sleeping in undies. No accidents. I guess we are done with diapers?


He started swimming lessons this week. It's driving me nuts. I can't handle him not just diving in. Every summer swimming is his thing. I'm the one with the kid who loves the pool. He swims on his own and just owns it. At swimming lessons he's the kid who won't let go of the teacher. The only logical thing is that I wasn't the one to be in the pool with him first. So I need to get him to the pool asap and show him he can swim so he can show up the kids at swim lessons! I hold pretty high standards for swimming. 

Bench Monday
Bench Monday is a hit. I've had four different bench monday pictures features on four different blogs. I enjoy bench monday. It is my favorite part of the week! 

Trolls!!!

Gosh I've missed Trolls. So I got Tanner some from Ebay. When I was little my mom made hair bows with tiny little trolls on them. I wonder if I can find some of those on ebay? 
 


Taylor has the opportunity to get a (AF) job doing the same thing but for special forces in North Carolina. I think this would be the best thing right now for us. So I hope he gets it. 





No comments:

the littlest heroes project